Dec 12, 2011 by Administrator
I don’t know what it is about 80’s music, but it was great. The hair was big on both guys and girls. The outfits were colorful and usually skin tight. MTV was the newest thing and gave us a visual on our favorite singers.
There were a lot great songs in the 80’s, but here are 10 awesome slow dance songs from the 80’s.
- Drive (Cars): This song was in heavy rotation on the radio so you could hear it everywhere. This song was a great song to dance to with a good beat and slow enough to snuggle on the dance floor.
- Every Rose has its Thorn (Poison): Talk about big hair, the boys in Poison had the biggest hair and still do the last I saw them on some show about where are they now. The lyrics were easy to understand so everyone would sing along with this song and dance.
- Jessie (Rick Springfield): Rick Springfield not only had a great singing career, but he had a role on General Hospital and doctor Noah Drake made all of the nurses swoon. This song had a great story to it that most teenagers could relate to.
- Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing): Everyone had seen the movie and the love story just added to the enjoyment of dancing to this song. If you could do some of the dance moves from the movie you were doing really well.
- I Just Called to Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder): Every DJ in the 80’s played this song during dances and out in the clubs. And the funny thing is that Stevie was calling on a landline.
- Careless Whisper (Wham): Oh, you gotta love Wham. They were definitely rooted in the 80’s.
- Take My Breath Away (Berlin): This song was in Top Gun, which of course was a HUGE hit movie in the 80’s and every girl loved Tom Cruise. Dancing to this song made all the girls feel like they were in the movie.
- Suddenly (Billy Ocean): This love song is a great slow song for dancing. The lyrics talk about first hello’s and first smiles.
- Every Woman in the World (Air Supply): Air Supply had a ton of great slow songs in the 80’s, but this one talks about his girl meaning so much to him so it’s nice and romantic and great to slow dance to.
- Truly (Lionel Richie): Every woman wants a man to tell her that he is “truly” in love with her. This song has some great swells where a decent slow dancer could throw in some fun moves.